FANDOM


Competitive Constructed Menu

Competitive Constructed menu on June 7, 2018 (closed beta)

Competitive Constructed is a continuous event (special game mode) introduced to Magic: The Gathering Arena with the Kaladesh patch on June 7, 2018.[1]

FormatEdit

Games follow the rules for the Standard format. Matches are best-of-three (Bo3). The event ends with either five wins or two losses. There is no limit to how many times a player can enter the event.

Entry FeeEdit

The current entry fee for Competitive Constructed is 1000 Gold Gold or 190 Gems Gem.

RewardsEdit

Wins Reward Gold ICR (individual card reward)
0 - 3 at minimum uncommon
1 500 Gold Gold 2 at minimum uncommon and 1 at minimum rare
2 1000 Gold Gold 2 at minimum uncommon and 1 at minimum rare
3 1500 Gold Gold 1 at minimum uncommon and 2 at minimum rare
4 1700 Gold Gold 1 at minimum uncommon and 2 at minimum rare
5 2100 Gold Gold 3 at minimum rare rarity

Card rewards have a chance of upgraded rarity (uncommon to rare at 10% and rare to mythic at 33%[2]). The loss record does not affect rewards.

Calculating estimated rewards

Provided you have a 50% winrate, you have 25% chance to win 0 times, 25% chance to win 1 time, 18.75% chance to win 2 times, 12.5% chance to win 3 times, 7.81% chance to win, 10.94% chance to win 5 games. given these odds the average amount of gold you'll earn is 862.5.

If you want to know the odds of you getting a certain result you can use the following formula:

% = ((((100 - win%) / 100) ^losses) * (win% / 100) ^wins) * 100 * r

$ \left(\left(\frac{100-win%}{100}\right)^{losses}\left(\frac{win%}{100}\right)^{wins}\right)100r $

where r = wins + 1 for every result with losses and 1 for 5-0

This formula can then be used to calculate your average reward by filling this in 6 times for every possible number of wins and multiplying it by the reward you'd get for those results. Please note that this is an approximation that will become more accurate if the winrate is calculated with more games

For instance, if you have a winrate of 60% you can calculate your estimated average reward by filling it in as follow:

Reward = ((((100 - 60) / 100) ^2) * (60 / 100) ^0) * (0+1) * 0 (Not necessary as reward is 0, added for clarity)
+
((((100 - 60) / 100) ^2) * (60 / 100) ^1) * (1+1) * 500
+
((((100 - 60) / 100) ^2) * (60 / 100) ^2) * (2+1) * 1000
+
((((100 - 60) / 100) ^2) * (60 / 100) ^3) * (3+1) * 1500
+
((((100 - 60) / 100) ^2) * (60 / 100) ^4) * (4+1) * 1700
+
((((100 - 60) / 100) ^1) * (60 / 100) ^5) * (5+1) * 2100
+
((((100 - 60) / 100) ^0) * (60 / 100) ^5) * (1) * 2100

= 1142,304

ReferencesEdit


Beta Notice This article contains information about the unfinished game.
Please, keep in mind in beta phase facts may change with each patch!
You can help the Magic Arena Wiki by updating it.
Stub icon This article is a Stub that is short and needs improvement.
You can help the Magic Arena Wiki by expanding it.